Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lets fly away

When you hear of people getting conned into parting with their life savings, and sometimes parting with money which they don’t have to begin with, you think how stupid can these people be. Most of the time, that is, until you meet one who is intelligent, wonderfully knowledgeable and yet gullible, all at once.

I will tell you that I used to have no qualms in calling a spade, a spade when it comes to matters like this but recently I took the effort to ask what on earth prodded the person in question to part with so much of money.

Good salesmanship. Perhaps she is saying it out of spite because now she knows that she was conned, but what about the time when she was actually willingly giving up her money without much coercion? Emotions. Stupid things I tell you. It makes you want to run the earth for something/someone and then when it all ends, you think to yourself and wonder how stupid you were back then but all you’re left with now is a whole lot of debt to repay and a life to slowly build up again.

On another matter unrelated to this, I walked in this acupuncture/medical massage place in my usual curious demeanor to find out if there was anything more that could be done to manage some really annoying pain I had. There was.

Though the doctor was a Chinese national, he could speak passable, or rather understandable English. Well enough for me to explain my problem and well enough for him to explain what was wrong with me.

I had a half hour acupuncture with electric flowing in them for vibrations of sorts and then the massage for half an hour. The massage was by far the best I ever had. Imagine being tweaked and folded and pulled and pushed and cracked and coming out feeling so much better without a tinge of pain left in you.

Then I was given traditional Chinese medicine for me to drink after meals. The fantastic thing about it was that it was boiled and cooked while the massage and acupuncture was going on and the doctor packed it in sealable packs, easy enough for me to snip one open everytime I need to drink one.

Well worth my money, I would say. =) Worth it for you too for it made me a very happy person today.

No comments:

Post a Comment