The absence of friends creates a void in our beings. To fill up that void, we get new friends. No man is an island, and that is a fact, not a theory. No one can successfully live a blissful life on his/her own without anyone else.
I have a problem manifested in my soul. I don't quite like people around me sometimes but I dislike being alone. I have to have someone near, though not in communication with me at that particular time to be at peace and to have some peace of mind.
Someone once told me my need for people is not that bad. At least I could go days without seeing a single soul and I would be fine. But I reminded her that I am not completely alone for that few days when it did occur, my phone was full to the brim with text messages and calls were as frequent as they can be then.
I am never completely alone. Maybe in a day, for an hour or two but that is the norm and it is never stretched out to longer. I dislike the feeling of being alone. I dislike going to a mall on a weekend and finding it full of people and having to walk by myself. It makes the alone-ness more felt.
Ah, the selfishness of the soul.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment