Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Question time

The concept of an underground kitchen was new to me. Alien, in fact. Until I suddenly decided that if I had a place of my own to do as I wish and when I wish, I would not hesitate to do it. This underground restaurant is also known as supper club in some places.

Basically the supper club is a restaurant where you come only by reservation or invitation to a stranger's house/home/place of interest and you pay a minimal fee or some prefer to call it donation, to enjoy the company as well as the food that will be served. It definitely beats going out to restaurants and paying stupendous amounts of money for mediocre food. 

This venture is not for profit, really. However, it does not happen everyday. The host may choose to host a supper club once a week, once a month, however frequent or infrequent they may like, and that is the attraction of a supper club. It is waited for anxiously and more often than not, more anticipated.

I already have that profound love for cooking, I just need the company that will come along with it. It is quite a brilliant idea, actually.

Imagine, you, being a quiet homely fellow for god knows how long, everyday going back for mommy's cooking without the slightest window of opportunity to meet new people, try new things and most of all, eat without paying the gourmet's price.

Or if you are alone in the big city, and have absolutely no idea to cook, or if you are a wonderful cook but no one to cook for and ends up eating alone every night or packing back something because you seem to not have the time for preparing dishes, would this not be a wonderful outlet?

Would you attend a dinner party with unknown people for a small price to pay?

No comments:

Post a Comment